This is a bit of a techie post, but hopefully it’ll help someone. Recently a system I was working on started prompting me to “select a certificate” when viewing the site over https in Chrome (in IE, the prompt was “confirm certificate“). Despite a lot of searching for things such as “letsencrypt iis certificate error” and “iis secure certificate do not require client match” I was getting nowhere.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Under Connections, expand the Server you’re working on
- Expand the Sites menu item
- Click on the problem site
- Double-click on SSL Settings
- Choose “Ignore” under “Client certificates”
- Click Apply under Actions (right of window)
Hopefully if you’re looking for search for a solution on how to disable the “select a certificate” or “confirm certificate” pop-up dialog, this helps.