CTO, Affiliate Marketer & IT Consultant
Eric Nagel is a technology executive with strong business acumen as well as experience in programming and online marketing going back to 1999. He is passionate about strategizing with others to develop applications that allow businesses, teams and individuals to achieve their goals through automated tools and access to actionable data.
Recent Blog Posts
Management of existing PPC bid-management system and redesign of new system. Determine milestones, deadlines and development calendar. Create specs for any outsourcing that takes place & manage all outsourced team members.
- Automated (previously manual) daily routines
- Stabilized systems
- Optimized PPC bid algorithms
Computer Information Systems
- CIS400: Visual Basic Programming For The Windows Environment
PHP Application development, web application support and build-out of websites powered by affiliate marketing. Employ Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other services such as web analytics, lead generation/landing page design, blogging, and podcasting to attract customers and generate sales.
- Achieved page 1 Google rankings for several competitive keywords and increased organic search traffic.
- Named “Top Performing Affiliate” by multiple merchant programs.
- Automated PPC bidding process for over 600 Google AdGroups.
Negotiated and managed the acquisition of multiple business units including Type-A Parent and Honoway Interactive. Built online tools for the Type-A members-only group, the Tribe, which included custom PHP applications and WordPress plugins.
Contribute thoughts, opinions, and insights into the planning of Affiliate Summit events, as well as voting on speaker proposals and Pinnacle Awards.
Oversees technology development and maintenance while managing Engineering personnel, budget and resources and actively contributing as an Engineer. Contributes to strategic planning and execution.
- Cut hosting costs by 75% while increasing reliability and availability
- Brought new products to market
- Streamlined processes to reduce data entry time and increase productivity
- Incorporated Amazon Mechanical Turk into data entry process
Comprehensive role that encompassed project management as well as development of affiliate websites and supporting systems. Led projects through entire project development lifecycle from inception to completion.
- Provided technical/managerial oversight to development team of local and overseas contractors.
- Migrated portfolio of websites from shared hosting environment to dedicated hosting environment.
- Programmed shopping search engine with parallel queries of multiple data sources.
Promoted to direct all aspects of Web development projects. Developed RFP responses, technical requirements of proposals, and estimated number of development hours. Prepared individual, department and project schedules; coordinated with project managers, graphics designers, web developers, and programmers to deliver final product.
- Revamped production processes, including the introduction of new scheduling and QA procedures.
- Developed and presented training seminars on eBusiness and website design to help local businesses improve their existing Web presence.
- Helped facilitate rapid growth by providing technical sales support to sales team and technical consulting to large clients.
Relevant courses include: Managerial Communication, Operations Management, Information Management In Business, E-Business Operations and E-Strategy Formulation And Implementation
- Zend PHP Certified Engineer
- Certified E-Commerce Consultant
- Master CIW Designer
- Disney’s Approach to Leadership Excellence
- Disney’s Approach to Quality Service
- Disney’s Approach to Business Excellence