I’m getting ready to start my second semester of teaching Windows Form Application programming at Buffalo State College and over the summer our installation of Visual Studio has been upgraded to 2019 (I taught using 2015 last semester). While there’s not a lot of changes, one thing that threw me off is this “remove the mark of the web” build error:
Error Couldn't process file frmMain.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. FinancialCalculations
There are a lot of proposed solutions out there, but this is what worked for me:
- Close the project in Visual Studio 2019
- Find the file in Windows Explorer
- Right click and go to Properties
- On the General tab, look at the bottom where it says “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.” and click the Unblock checkbox
- Click OK, then re-open the project and try building it again
Now you should be able to build your Visual Studio 2019 project without being stopped by this “remove the mark of the web” error.
I hope this helps you, too and good luck to all of the students starting or returning this semester!